Human Body, Medicine
Sites on human health and anatomy
Health Web Directories |
Health Reference |
Health Web Directories
- PDRHealth - Prescription drugs and other health information
- WebMD Drugs and Herbs
- Yahoo Health Drug Guide
Directories of Doctors, Hospitals, etc.:
- AMA DoctorFinder - The American Medical Association's directory
- American Hospital Directory - With statistics
- Directories of Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, etc. (Medline Plus)
- Dirline - Searchable directory of health organizations; a good starting place to look for new research. Health Hotlines provides phone numbers for medical info. (National Library of Medicine)
- National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, Md.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Find one near you.
Nutrition and Fitness:
- American Council on Exercise
- Choose My Plate - Nutrition information from the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- Dietary Supplement Label Database (U.S. National Institutes of Health)
- Linus Pauling Institute Micronutrient Information Center - Vitamins, minerals, etc.
- National Nutrient Database (U.S. Dept. of Agriculture)
- Nutrition.gov - "Providing easy, online access to government information on food and human nutrition for consumers"
- World's Healthiest Foods
- NIH Senior Health
- Healthy Children.org
- Office of Minority Health (U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services)
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health - Research on alternative medicine (National Institutes of Health)
Specific Diseases and Conditions:
- AIDSinfo (National Institutes of Health)
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Paralysis Resource Center
- Medical Heritage Library - Rare books from major medical libraries