Sports, Games, and Recreation
- Everyrule.com - Official rules of sports, games, and etiquette
- International Sports Calendar (International Olympic Committee)
- Sports Reference - A group of sites giving statistics in baseball, football, basketball, hockey, and the Olympics
- BBC Sport - Catch up on the football (i.e., soccer) and cricket news, not to mention rugby and snooker!
- CBS Sportsline - With real-time scoring
- SB Nation - sports blogs
- Sports Illustrated/CNN
- The Sports Network
- International Olympic Committee - Official site
- The Olympics: A Guide to Reference Sources (Library of Congress)
- Intute: Sport and Leisure Practice - Academic emphasis
- Scholarly Sports Sites - A directory from the University of Calgary
Academic Study of Sports:
- Major League Baseball - Official site
- Baseball Almanac
- Baseball Hall of Fame
- Baseball Library.com - Data on players, chronology, the greatest teams, hypothetical matchups of historical players
- Baseball Reference - Statistics and history
- Sporting News Baseball Archive - Histories of the greatest players, the World Series, the All-Star Game
- Yahoo Baseball
- Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, N.Y.
- Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) (Some content available to members only)
- The Baseball Index (TBI) - An index to books, articles, songs, and more (SABR)
- San Francisco Giants official site
- Oakland A's official site
Research and Education:
- Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) - The governing body of the sport and sponsor of the World Cup; find official rules here
- SoccerNet (ESPN)
- World Soccer (Yahoo)
- MLSnet.com - Official site of Major League Soccer
- Yahoo Sports: MLS
U.S.: Major League Soccer (MLS):
- Curling Basics - Animated explanation of rules and terms
- Curling Championships (World Curling Federation)
- Curling News
- Curling Zone - "Everything curling"
- USA Curling - Find a local club or event
- About Chess (About.com)
- Laws of Chess (International Chess Federation, F.I.D.E.)
- U.S. Chess Federation - Publishers of Chess Life
- World Chess Live - Site for online play. Requires paid membership.
- Los Angeles Times crosswords, etc.
- NPR Sunday Puzzle
- Says You - "A radio game of bluff and bluster, words and wimsy"
Word Games and Puzzles: